Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 25-27

Philippians 4:6-7

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

There is a time and a place in every believers heart when they decide they want to go hard after God. There are also seasons in an already devoted, maturing believers heart when they decide they will increase in focus or consecration for a season to pursue the Lord in a different way when the motives and circumstances seem right in their life.
I personally come before the Lord with my issues and my failures and I continually ask the Holy Spirit for grace to succeed and be perfect the way my heavenly Father is perfect (Matt5:48). Its in these moments that I turn from the ways that would engage in before and I will try to make a conscience effort to be different knowing the Holy Spirit will empower me to walk differently.
This is when the lie of the enemy comes in and he tries to make me think that I'm just pretending and that even though I say and act and think that "everything is all right" the devil keeps reminding me "no, everything is not all right look at all these issues in your life, look at all these areas of complacency and distress and unrest"
But the truth is as I take my thoughts and my prayers before my God, Who is all knowing, all loving and truly good I must give thanks to Him and I must tell myself that I'm not pretending but I am contending!
I wanted to write this in here to encourage anyone who comes to this page and anyone who will encounter the Lord this week in fasting and prayers and say: we have to get our heads up on things above. We gotta set our minds on a higher place (Eph 4:20-24) and we have to continually give thanks to God who seriously has made a way for us through the grace given by Christs blood which covers our lives(Eph 5:20). Don't let the enemy drag ya down with his lies. Settle in your heart where you want to be with the Lord and how deep you want your love to go for the Son and then push on by making it a reality in the ways you think, talk and act. Don't just pretend to live this life but truly contend to make it a reality. We all have to start somewhere. One step at a time is all the Lord is asking!(SOS 1:4)
Amen.
If you have questions email me (Drew) at:
mewithoutdrew@gmail.com
or
check out the Dec 18-21 2007 post.
God Bless!

No comments: